HELP FOR PARENTS DURING COVID-19
During this time of added stress and uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to make sure that your children feel safe and some of the things parents can do to help their children as published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention are:
1. Take time to talk with your child or teen about the COVID-19 outbreak. Answer questions and share facts about COVID-19 in a way that your child or teen can understand.
2. Reassure your child or teen that they are safe. Let them know it is ok if they feel upset. Share with them how you deal with your own stress so that they can learn how to cope from you.
3. Limit your family’s exposure to news coverage of the event, including social media. Children may misinterpret what they hear and can be frightened about something they do not understand.
4. Try to keep up with regular routines. If schools are closed, create a schedule for learning activities and relaxing or fun activities.
5. Be a role model. Take breaks, get plenty of sleep, exercise, and eat well. Connect with your friends and family members.
For more information from the CDC please visit their website.